Monday, August 20, 2012

Easy Picture Hanging [Hardware]


I'm all about easy.
And fast.
And a lot of times, hanging frames or art on the walls is neither of those things.
First, whatever you're hanging is heavy so you have to find a stud to hang it in...
..and then the stud is in a wonky place that doesn't look right.
So then you have to use those stupid plastic wall anchors that I always seem to end up destroying.
So frustrating.




OR, you just want to hang something small and simple,

but tapping a nail into drywall is almost always asking for something to fall down, if it weighs more than a pound.
Have you ever had something tear a nail right out of the wall?
Yeah, it's super awesome.

Well, I'm not stressing about that stuff anymore.
Enter my new favorite picture-hanging tool:


They're called "Hangman" screws by Ook.
It's a drywall screw with a smooth edge and plate before the head, giving you the perfect little peg where you can hang pretty much anything - no studfinder needed!
I bought mine at Home Depot but I'm willing to bet you can find them at the other big-box hardware stores, too.


These guys made adding artwork to the sitting room in our master bedroom a breeze!
In less than five minutes, I had photos of my beautiful babies up to admire.

::sigh::
They are darn cute, if I do say so myself :)

**FYI Ook didn't compensate me in any way for this post. 
I just blog about what I like, yo.

Cheers,


A2Z
Catch as Catch Can
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

3 comments:

  1. Great tip, Emily. I'll be looking for those at my local hardware store this week. I tried a Command strip a couple of days ago, followed the directions exactly and my item fell down about five minutes after it was allegedly stuck up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey your blog is very nice, such useful information you are sharing. I really like your blog the information is very accurate and if you want to know more about free ad posting service,www.helpadya.com there is another website with best information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I really like your blog you’ve written very well. I must say you have lot of knowledge about this but I want to suggest you something that if you are looking forb Free ad Posting Websites www.helpadya.com there is one more website www.helpadya.com

    ReplyDelete