Thursday, September 2, 2010

Use What You've Got

One of my favorite activities when I'm changing up decor is "shopping the house". We all hoard so much "stuff", then when we get tired of it, we pack it away somewhere and forget about it.


Then we buy more stuff.



But the easiest accessory updates can come from within your own home, without spending a dime. This is a great challenge to see if you can go an entire season without buying something new... instead just repurposing your "stuff" to make..... cuter stuff. :)


Here are just a few repurposed touches in my own home:

Placemats from 2 seasons ago as wall art:

Dried prairie grasses from my outdoor landscaping for fall decor:


A couple extra towels from the linen closet become wall decor:


Basket that a bridal shower gift came in years ago, now = Remote Boat:


Acorns from the tree outside my office (and also from Mom & Dad's backyard) are the best, free vase filler:

Those are just a few but certainly not all the repurposed or 'found' touches on the V Side... what are some of your favorites?

2 comments:

  1. Sooo creative!! I just love your sense of style!! I'm happy to be your newest follower of your delightful blog and I'd love to have you as a friend at Frou Frou Decor! I'd also like to invite you to link your wonderful creations up at my weekly party, Fabulous Friday Finds, every Friday! Hope to see you there!
    Hugs,
    ~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Terrell - so sweet of you to say! I'll definitely be heading over to check out your blog today... See you Friday ;)

    ReplyDelete